Vanderbilt is a global provider of security systems, operating efficiently in 95 countries. Vanderbilt designs, manufactures and distributes systems that safeguard environments and organizations of all sizes. Agility, adaptability, and dependability are distinctive marks of the Vanderbilt brand and these decisive traits satisfy a broad variety of customers’ application needs across banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more. Our product lines include access control, intrusion and video. To learn more, please visit www.vanderbiltindustries.com, or follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Buyer will be responsible for managing the operational, day to day relationship with domestic and international suppliers. The Buyer shall be responsible for the placing, tracking, monitoring and reporting the status of PO´s placed on suppliers in accordance with the relevant business processes in support of the general business KPI´s specifically to meet the required Delivery Performance towards Vanderbilt International customers. The Buyer is also responsible for supporting the business by means of optimisation of inventory turns, controlling stock levels, minimizing obsolete inventory while at the same time taking a lead role in resolving problem shipments from suppliers, invoice queries, customs issues and other operational issues.
This position will report to the Director of Supply Chain Management and will have key interfaces towards suppliers (external), Customer Service (internal), Product Management (internal) in order to ensure the standard of service required to satisfy the business customers.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Review and query/implement purchase recommendations generated by the SAP materials management system. This includes generating Purchase Orders, communicating PO’s to suppliers, receiving acknowledgements and performing PO maintenance as needed
- Communicate with suppliers regarding shipping performance, open PO’s, expedite/defer requests, and other issues as needed
- Resolve problem shipments with suppliers, receiving issues, packaging standards, etc.
- Resolve invoice queries e.g. mismatched volumes etc. with suppliers
- Take an active role in communicating service and inventory issues across departments (including Sales, Product Line, Finance, etc.) and with management
- Manage obsolete/excess inventory
- Administration of indirect purchase orders
- Some travel may be required in fulfilment of the role
Education and/or Experience
- A third level relevant qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrable experience within an inventory/material purchasing role
- Minimum 2 years’ demonstrable experience working with SAP in a material purchasing role
- Minimum 2 years’ demonstrable experience working with international suppliers
- Experience of the management of Material Master Data within SAP would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Export Control Classifications (products) would be beneficial
- SAP - good level of working knowledge
- PC skills including Microsoft Office package with an emphasis on Excel
- Effective communication skills (English) both written and oral
- A team player ready to support colleagues but also capable of self-driven actions who demonstrate passion and takes ownership of tasks
- Ability and willingness to develop skills & knowledge (role-specific & general business/products) in support of the role
Work Environment & Requirements
The successful candidate will work in an office environment
Some international travel may be required, therefore employee must possess a valid Passport.Apply