Information Security Officer (ISO)
About Vanderbilt and ComNet
Vanderbilt and ComNet provide technology-enabled electronic security, access control, transmission, and connectivity solutions to help secure the highest valued assets for our system user clientele.
Operating efficiently worldwide, Vanderbilt and ComNet take care in delivering exceptional security and transmission solutions that safeguard peace of mind across a broad variety of customer application needs including banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more.
Our core values focus on a culture of empowerment in a collaborative environment. Combined with a forward-thinking market approach that aims to deliver high-performance results, we ensure to first approach every solution through the viewpoint of our customers. These characteristics are the distinctive marks of the Vanderbilt and ComNet brands and the foundation of our drive to become the number one solutions provider in the markets we serve.
The Information Security Officer (ISO) is a role specializing in the areas of information security (ISO27001) and data protection (GDPR) best practices.
The ISO will report to the Head of IT and will work closely with all areas of the IT Department to deliver IT security services to the organization. In parallel, the ISO will consult and advise key stakeholders such as, Quality Management, R&D, Product Management and the Executive Committee on matters of information security and data protection across the entire EMEA business.
The ISO focuses on ensuring that our business is protected from ever-evolving security threats and ensures compliance in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. Furthermore, and in parallel, the ISO will oversee the maintenance and development of our corporate network security standards and manage and maintain our 3rd party risk management practices. The ISO collaborates with the functional business departments as well as external experts in order to ensure that our business can perform in an efficient and compliant manner.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Establish, manage and develop all aspects of IT security to ensure business continuity, reduce risk and obtain/retain compliance accreditations
- Define, measure and meet key operational metrics
- Establish strategic direction for information security
- Define, implement, and govern policies and practices in terms of all aspects of information security
- Partner with and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation in security and networking
- Maintain logs, documentation, and reports of activity
- Investigation of business needs and potential solutions for improvements in all aspect of IT Security
- Identification and selection of network monitoring and security application solutions
- Oversee and identify IT security risk and identify and implement mitigating solutions
Education and/or Experience
- 3rd level qualification in an IT, Computer Science or Engineering discipline
- 5+ years demonstrable experience implementing and managing corporate information security practices, with deep understanding and practical application of ISO frameworks (e.g. ISO27001)
- Certified to CISM and CCNA standards would be advantageous
- Experience with managing a corporate network environment is desirable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving acumen
- Effective communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills with a customer-first mindset
- Proven ability to influence and steer stakeholders and service providers at all hierarchical levels
- Adept at establishing and developing a security culture in a multi-cultural corporate environment
- A strong team player, who enjoys and thrives on working as part of a dynamic team
- Comfortable working alone, displaying confidence in own ability
- Strong innovative and proactive mindset
- A keen eye for detail
Work Environment & Requirements
- Employee will work primarily in an office environment
- Some travel and fieldwork potentially including international travel