Product Manager, Security
The Product Manager is responsible for setting the product portfolio vision and strategy, defining and prioritizing feature requests and supporting new product introductions. This role will work closely with other disciplines throughout the organization to develop smart, cohesive product plans, that align with the company strategy. This position will look after the product management of Vanderbilt’s third-party products, from selection through to delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Product strategy: Take ownership to drive the process that translates customer, market, business and strategic requirements into functional/system specifications, with a view to creating innovative, competitive and sustainable product roadmaps.
- Responsible for complete product lifecycle management of assigned security product portfolio.
- Evaluate and define project prioritisation based on market insight, product line strategy and company goals.
- In co-operation with the Sales organization, identify and evaluate new product opportunities which will lead to increased competitiveness and revenues.
- Carry out competitive product benchmarking in close co-operation with product experts, sales and R&D.
- Plan and support new product introductions including tasks such as requirement definition, feature prioritization, implementation sign-offs, field readiness, product documentation and market launch.
- Ensures availability of comprehensive product documentation, training and marketing collateral.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with internal customers in order to deliver innovative and quality driven products in a timely and effective manner which in turn will lead to external customer satisfaction and business growth.
- Establish good working relationships with our current and future suppliers, a key aspect of the success of this role is relationship based.
- To have the capability to unpack a product, connect and investigate the operation would be an advantage.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in electronics, information technology, marketing/business or other related fields.
- 5+ years’ experience in product or portfolio management or equivalent
- Experience within the security industry sector is an advantage
- Experience in Product Lifecycle Management and New Product Development (agile project development experience is preferred)
Competencies and Skills
- An ability to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate a number of diverse topics to a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to work tactfully and respectfully with a wide variety of individuals, stakeholders, and partners
- Strategic thinking ability with balanced analytical and creative approach
- Proven ability to interact with people at all levels, from different disciplines within a multi-cultural organization
- Familiarity with an ability to capably review qualitative and quantitative data to derive strategic roadmaps
- Knowledge of customer complaint resolution and quality processes
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Languages: English mandatory; any other language (e.g. German, French, Italian) is a plus
Work Environment & Requirements
- The employee will work primarily in an office environment.
- Some travel and fieldwork potentially including international travel.