Software Engineer – Azure/Web
About Vanderbilt and ComNet
Vanderbilt and ComNet provide technology-enabled electronic security, access control, transmission, and connectivity solutions to help secure the highest valued assets for our system user clientele.
Operating efficiently worldwide, Vanderbilt and ComNet take care in delivering exceptional security and transmission solutions that safeguard peace of mind across a broad variety of customer application needs including banking, education, healthcare, retail, and more.
Our core values focus on a culture of empowerment in a collaborative environment. Combined with a forward-thinking market approach that aims to deliver high-performance results, we ensure to first approach every solution through the viewpoint of our customers. These characteristics are the distinctive marks of the Vanderbilt and ComNet brands and the foundation of our drive to become the number one solutions provider in the markets we serve.
Our software integrates with a range of electronic hardware components, including the Vanderbilt SPC alarm panel, access control controllers, wireless locks, DVRs, cameras, and security equipment. In addition, we support public APIs for third-party developers to connect to and integrate with our solutions.
We are actively looking to extend and improve our cloud solutions. We are looking for a strong candidate with extensive cloud experience to help drive the product further.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Full stack development (GUI, APIs, business logic and database)
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of software across the life cycle
- Building software that integrates with a range of hardware devices (controllers, alarm panels, DVRs, cameras)
- Cooperation with our customer support team
- Working in an Agile (Scrum) development environment
- The role may involve DevOps depending on the interest of the candidate
Education and/or Professional Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer Science or Engineering)
- Extensive working experience in software development with Microsoft C# .NET technologies (minimum 3 years)
- Must be experienced in the full software life cycle including analysis, design, coding, testing and deployment
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably SQL Server
- Strong background in applying common SW practices, such as: design patterns, OOP, refactoring, separation of concerns, inversion of control, dependency injection etc.
Professional Experience continued (would be advantageous)
- Experience with ReactJs or similar technology (Vue, Angular)
- Azure DevOps including CI\CD tooling
- Azure services such as Redis caching, load balancers, IoT event hubs, app services
- Comfortable working in hosted environment with high availability requirements
- In depth knowledge of Azure services and scaling Azure resources
- Experience working with Microsoft PowerShell scripting language
- Knowledge of cyber security best practices
- Knowledge and practice of TCP/IP and networking
- Experience working with embedded devices or IoT
- Experience designing and building public APIs to support third-party developers.
- The role requires flexibility and agility, with the willingness to take on a variety of roles in a full-stack environment (no job is too big or too small)
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- A strong teamplayer
- Very good command of the English language both written and verbal
- Comfortable working with a team in an Agile environment (Scrum)
- Employee will work primarily in an office environment
- Some travel and fieldwork potentially including international travel