Technical Support Representative
The Technical Support Representative is a Specialist who provides technical support for Vanderbilt / ComNet customers for defined areas.
Professional customer orientation and respective know-how about assigned security and Network products / systems are mandatory.
The role covers technical support by phone, written, remote service and on-site commissioning for Vanderbilt / ComNet customers (key accounts, installers, integrators, distributors).
Additional tasks are sales support, system & application support and product training.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Responsible and independent handling of technical support tasks with ownership mentality for customer requests. Follow respective workflows / processes and achieve defined targets.
- Professional hotline support with consistent, clear and understandable documentation in the hotline tool
- Highest focus on customer orientation and professional communication to maintain / build up best customer relationship
- Product related technical pre-sales consulting, project support and application assistance.
- Technical sales support to help Vanderbilt sales team on customer presentations
- Delivery of internal and customer training: in-house and other locations
- Provision of on-site specialist support and problem analyses
- Field observation in terms of product reliability and quality. Delivery of feedback via Global Technical Services L3 as basis for regular Product Quality meetings together with PL and Sales.
- Professional escalation management incl. managing of troubleshooting
Education and / or Experience
- Recommended 3 years’ experience in the security industry as a technician or engineer:
Intrusion, Access Control or IT-Network engineering (switches, fiber-optic converters, wireless transmission)
- Preferable degree in technical study or equivalent
- Know-how of Intrusion and/or Access Control products and/ or Network communications
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Customer oriented, ability to handle complex situations
- Good planning skills – well-structured personality to work effectively and autonomously
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks with good judgement
- Genuine technical know-how and interest
- Capability and ambition to provide professional training
- Fluency in Norwegian and English required, other Nordic languages preferable
- Some travel and fieldwork including international travel
- Valid driving license
For questions about the position please contactApply