Technical Support Representative
The Technical Support Representative is a Specialist who provides technical support for Vanderbilt customers for defined product portfolio.
Our service offering will be a major success factor for growing business in our key markets. This will be achieved by providing professional support, pre-engineering and outstanding technical support services on an expert level.
Professional customer orientation and knowledge about Vanderbilt-ComNet product range based on good IT / Network competency is a mandatory requirement.
The role covers technical support by phone, written, remote service and on-site commissioning/ trouble shooting for Vanderbilt customers (Installer, VAP and VAD’s, Distributors).
Additional focused tasks are sales support, system-/application support as well as product training and the maintenance of the Vanderbilt technical info platform.
Duties and Responsibilities, include the following, but are not limited to:
- Technical specialist providing pre & after sales technical support for Vanderbilt customers in defined languages
- Uses technical and personal skills to resolve issues based on independent handling, showing ownership, mentality solving customer requests.
- Professional hotline support with consistent, clear and understandable case description and handling in the hotline Tool- CRM system, following defined workflows / processes and achieve defined targets.
- Highest focus on customer orientation and professional communication in order to maintain/build best customer relationships.
- Product-related technical pre-sales and project support, application assistance and consulting.
- Provide technical sales support in order to help sales for customer presentations
- Provide internal and customer training - in house and at customer site or other locations.
- Provides on-site specialist support and problem analysis, if required
- Observe the market field concerning product reliability and quality, and give regular feedback to relevant departments • Ensure professional escalation management; manage problem-related trouble shooting
- 60% - Technical support and consulting for Vanderbilt products with focus on ACT & Intrusion
- 20% - Sales support
- 10% - Onsite support /charged services
- 10% - Training
Education/ Skills and/or Experience
- Technician/Engineer with communications engineering/informatics as a branch of study or similar qualification due to professional experience from the security industry would be an asset.
- This role is located in a company with many cultural styles and market specifics. The sensitivity to cultural practice and national standards is essential to maintain credible relationships with their main stakeholder groups. It would be useful to be familiar with mainstream European business practice and standards of governance.
- Innovative, motivated attitude; an organised personality with a high level of energy that works autonomously
- In-depth experience gathered in a customer service or technical support role
- Project Management skills, well-structured to work effectively and efficiently.
- Proven track record in L2/L3 networking product support
- Capable of solving problems under pressure and of offering working solutions to product users.
- Team player • Professional customer-orientation and excellent communication skills
- Experience as trainer, solid presentation skills
- Able to build solid networks quickly, both internally and externally
- Fluent in business English (in addition, French language would be beneficial)
- Employee works primarily in an office environment or comparable home office conditions.
- Part of the work is done outside at the customer's office or construction sites.
- Some travel and fieldwork, potentially including international travel.
- Valid driving licence